View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2023, 04:11 PM

Rybotts11 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Delta: latest updates and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybotts11 View Post
Hello, I wanted to post a match recap in a recent tournament I played in. I was running
4x wolves of badru
3x Werewolf Lord
1x sahuagin raider

My opponent ran
Mok
3x Axgrinders
Major Q10
Darrak

The map we played on was called "Rocky Mounds"

Long story short, I played a very good game but still almost lost. I had 3x werewolf lords (only one of them had taken wounds, the wounded one still had 4 lives left) 3 + squads of badru, my sahuagin raider vs Mok (who had taken 2 wounds), and Darrak. I ended up winning this game only having 2 wolves left on the board and I got lucky he blanked on defense with Mok. I should have won this game easily based on how the early game went. I even got to use Mok due to moon frenzy and was able to kill Darrak with him. Mok is a very powerful unit and for only 155 points in delta, it seemed to be very overpowered at that price point.

I will admit I had some bad offensive rolls while trying to kill Mok but to have him work through 3 Werewolf lords and like 10 wolves of badru, after defeating most of his support was frustrating.
Hey.

Couple of things/thoughts.

1) 650 is already outside the bounds of what Delta's shooting for (generally 400 - 600), so just a note that sometimes things can get wonky at that total in ways that we don't necessarily want to fix because of consequences for the 400 - 600 point range.

2) Mok really is more than 155 effective points, because of the need for dwarves. Even just 1 squad of Axe ups that cost to 240 points, and he then needs them to take turns in-game to get on him. I think the 155 point total is a bit deceptive because of that. To some degree, killing Mok's support is part of killing Mok, like killing TKN's support (Grubs) is part of killing him, so I think it's important to somewhat view those points as part of Mok's points whenever considering his cost in delta.

3) I don't think WoB are a particularly good counter to Mok anyways, because they can't pull off their SA into him (or Q10, for that matter). Although Werewolf Lord is obviously a much better counter because of being able to take turns.

I probably think Mok is still fine at the current 155, thought I could be persuaded otherwise, but it probably requires more results, and from a sub-600 point event.

I appreciate the reply. I did not know delta was made for 400-600 point games. That is good to know

If you look at similar figures for example Jotun, they have similar stats and Jotun is still 55 points more.

I do understand Jotun has a squad bonding option. In my opinion, even though Mok does not have the "bonding" per se, he does have more versatility in how he plays the game. He is a hero and squad killer who is not as situational as most other figures. He has the potential to have a 7+ attack and a 3 attack on the same figure and then another potential 3 attack on a figure he is not engaged with. Because of this versatility, he was able to kill 2 full-life werewolf lords in one round. That's 240 points in one round not including some wolves of badru he killed as well. For only half of his lives

I feel like points need to be adjusted for an army not having any ranged units to shoot the dwarves off of his shoulders, I understand its hard to adjust for every scenario but for a unit like Mok, I feel it is necessary due to his versatility.

Ill also add, having the dwarves in an army with Mok aside, what other stand-alone hero has stats even close to moks?

Last edited by Rybotts11; November 1st, 2023 at 04:46 PM.