View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Tiger View Post
Is anyone else really disturbed by the "eat what you kill" phrase used for doctors? I think I need to count all my organs after my next appointment.
Wasn't Hannible Lecter a doctor?

My question to the good doctor: How much does liability insurance cost? I've heard it is costly, but it is essentially a necessity to stay in practice.

Just a simple example to go along with what Fezzik said. When I was living in Utah everyone talked about the low per pupil spending in the public school system. It was always a gripe that it was so low. There was one time when the state raised the education funding. Shortly afterward a news story came up about how the funding raise almost entirely went to buying new office furniture for the school district administration. When bureaucracies get involved and get big they are costly without affecting the quality of the product. They tend to fight hard to maintain their existence. That is a very significant concern I have with national healthcare.

Imax, unisured children in the US is around 10-13% (about 13% in 1988, 10% in 2002 and 11% in 2005). raising SCHIP funding and expanding the amount of children covered has been talked about recently in congress, and will likely move forward if it didn't get passed, so those numbers could be below 11%. There have been studies that found that uninsured children aren't significantly more or less unhealthy than their insured peers. [going out on a limb]I would guess that children with serious medical needs are more likely going to not receive treatment because of not being covered by an insurance plan, or parents that have some irrational fear of modern medicine (I've known too many of these in my life).[/going out on a limb]