View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Mortal Kombat Kustoms Johnny Cage and Raiden added 8/2/2

Man, I used to play a lot of MK back in the day. It's been a while though. Here are some comments on what you have here.

Raiden
What does "continously occupied" mean in Lightning Bolt Special Attack? Occupied during the duration of the attack? Occupied all game? Same thing with "continous water spaces." Aren't all water spaces continually water? I guess not if a Greater Ice Elemental gets near them. Lightning Teleport is a fine idea, but unfortunately a figure cannot move to a space that's within clear sight of itself. Clear sight needs a figure to look and a figure to look at. I suggest using something like "same level" like Tul-Bak-Ra's Teleport. Pointwise he should be in the 300s, at least, comparing him to Marvel figs.

Johnny Cage
For Shadow Kick Special Attack it says he must move one additional space. So he is unable to move upward with that movement, correct? Or onto Heavy Snow or Slippery Ice. Can Johnny use Split Punch before he uses Shadow Kick? Thematically I don't think you mean them to be used together, but rules-wise there's nothing preventing it. Using Split Punch as a counter to normal attacks is mostly ok, but giving Johnny a normal attack back is problematic. In general, out-of-turn attacks are problematic due to "duration of the attacking figure's turn" powers. An auto-wound like Engagement Strike would work better here. I'm Too Cool For This is a neat concept, but "targeting" isn't clear for all special powers. For example, can it protect him from Marro Plague? That doesn't do "targeting" per se. Points-wise I'd expect low-to-mid 100s.

Scorpion
Get Over Here! is a good reuse of Chain Grab, but what does "may not use any special abilities" mean? Are always-on abilities like Tough turned off? Does a Fire Elemental roll defense in water? Can a Deathreaver that is attacked not scatter, but other Deathreavers can? Can Scorpion use Fiery Teleport after moving and attacking normally, or can he only use the extra attack after using Fiery Teleport initially?

Sub-Zero
Like Scorpion's Get Over Here!, the "may not use any special abilities" in Freeze and Ice Clone Counter is unclear. Not all abilities are clearly "used," some are used, some are always on, and some don't necessarily affect a single figure. Ice Clone Counter also has the problem of an out-of-turn attack like Johnny Cage. Nice reuse of Ice Cold.