View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wasp added (page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Crap, no, I figured out the problem with Covert Recon, and it is Mind Exchange after all ...
So, the way Mind Exchange is written, it just comes into play after you take a turn with Dr. Doom - no OM needed on his card.
So I could potentially see an instance where, if you got hot on your D20 rolls and kept rolling 17s, you could Reveal an OM and move with Wasp, take a full turn with Doom, Mind Exchange Wasp to move again then use Covert Recon to take a full turn with Doom, Mind Exchange Wasp to move again, then use Covert Recon to take a full turn with Doom, etc, etc, until you finally fail Mind Exchange with Doom and Wasp attacks and your turn ends.
I'm not sure, however if that's
A) Just plain confusing
B) Broken (roll of 17 somewhat mitigates this concern - is it really that different than frenzy?)
or
C) Is just plain cool, lol.
Well, there is a bit of A, in the scenario you describe, Bats!
I don't see any B, only because you'd have to really be in the 'Dice Gods' good graces to roll that well so many times in a row [although my daughter seems to be able to pull it off... 19 or 20 for initiative five or six times in a row, and the one time I rolled a 19 for init is one of the times she rolled the 20], so I guess C is my answer. Really, if you can pull off a chain of high D20 rolls like that with a team that specific, you deserve to look like a bad@$$!