View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

The first line of Needle is no longer needed. The rest should follow Mok's Gunner Special Attack precedent: "After attacking normally, Nierel may attack with Needle Special Attack." Changing that to "Before" should be ok too, though it would be more useful after.

I'm not sure how I feel about the design as a whole. Reversal is the key power, which suggests that Nieriel should be up front engaging multiple figures. But then she gets two attacks (melee and Needle), making it less likely she'll stay engaged with multiple. On top of that, her Life/Defense are fairly weak, so she won't last long up front.

Basically, she has the stats and tricks of a opportunistic fighter that hangs at the edge of battle, or fills in as a cleanup figure. But in these situations her best power, Reversal, is pretty easy to avoid (only attack her with one figure at a time). Reversal seems tailor-made for a strong frontline unit or defender, and not that helpful otherwise. Really cool, but misplaced here. I think the design deserves a different defensive power that fits the role better and can more easily be used on the edges of the battlefield or in cleanup.