View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on Venoc Vipers? We've both got them at B+, and on my old list I actually had them above Arrows and Blades! I lost to Megasilver once with a tron army, where he killed ~10 glads in the space of 2 order markers. They made a few apperances in day two of some of the RtW years and those players went deep.
They're a tad hard to rate. I think they can do wonders in most matchups for their 40pt. but there are a few matchups that are terribly bad. They're a decent range squad counter too. Most of the time they're probably B+, but they lose so hard to Q9 and Q10, and some more scarce matchups too - DW8K, Kato+Ashigaru, Aubriens, White Wyrmlings - so it's difficult. Drones and Mimring could also be very troublesome, too, come to think of it. Mostly I just think about Q9 and Q10 though, because that's what you see. For this, I can see the argument for B.

I don't know, I feel like their power is between B and B+. I'm cool with either.

I faced Mega's vipers with Zelrig not too long ago (well, a few years ago haha), and my Zelrig did a ridiculous amount of damage. I don't think his initial Frenzy rolls were successful, but that's the ability - it has only a 25% success rate. Most of the time you don't hit it and you need to hit it early into Zelrig.