View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Major Q9

I'm wondering how the Major is so powerful. Regardless of his attack 3 times with 3 dice clause, he seems very counter-able anymore. That Queglix only has 6 range, and playing Rats will mean nothing as more and more abilities come out that make us get around the little robots.
Take for example, the Greater Ice Elemental with his Drake level of attack and if he can back onto water, disengagement from one little rat won't bother him(thank you cold healing) and that's if the rat can get through his Engagement Strike which is made better on cold spaces.

Looking at probability, Q9's screen goes down 25% of the time and will get an engagement strike 50% of the time.

If and only if all 4 rats in a squad do get adjacent to the GIE, one will die and half of the time when the GIE disengages and he heals on water(available on many maps) he will keep a wound. Should he attack a rat from his water spaces and activates Scatter, the 2 rats who move will possibly move away from the GIE, fearful of Ice Spikes. If they don't, they run a 25% chance minimum of dying(and still not reactivating Scatter).

All of this time, my opponent will have to continue using their heavy Q9(and unless I had the GIE move backwards, should he be attacked he can probably get to the Major next turn). The sculpt of the GIE could also possibly prohibit the defense boost given by Raelin.
Repulsors are another squad that could potentially stop the Major. The occasion EMP(35% one in 3 shot basically when it can be activated), easy rat killing powers, and their cheap ranged attack which allows them to bolster themselves by an addition attack die and grabbing height nets an attack of 3. Should a kill actually be made, another attack of 1(or maybe 2) can still be made by the little robot who got near the enemy in the first place.

Against squad soulborgs, we get a 40% chance(which pretty much means every 2 or 3 rolls) we get to kill a rat before we actually take our turn with them. If by some miracle we can get one of the omnicrons by the Big Daddy...err Q9, we get a 25% chance to get through that HEAVY ARMOR and deal an unblockable wound to him. I wouldn't count my chickens just yet, if we use Mogrimm to boost our inititive by a notch(a la X marker) we get a better chance(15% isn't much, but every little bit helps) to further surround the Major and next round means more EMP's, more autowound potential and even Mogrimm can use Commander's Strike(another 25%) on Q9 if you have a troop by the major(repulsors).

A little secret for you if you actually think that this won't work if my foe's Q9 uses the Queglix gun on Mogrimm, but if you keep him behind the Repulsors they can jump Q9. This works extremely well for 1 reason. The gun only has 6 range. To shoot at Mogrimm, our foe must get closer to my Repulsors. If Q9 shoots at my little Repulsors, they run a risk of the dreaded EMP. For each risk in this army there is greater benefits, there probably will be no harassment of the rats thanks to my Repulsors and there will be lots of dead Soulborgs
Our next entry, the Air Elemental doesn't focus as much on hitting Q9 as hitting his girlfriend, Raelin. No engaging me my friend as the Air Elemental is new the land screen and those rats can't tie me down anymore. Moving him is easy with Kurrok who can also resurrect once a round with Ornak, but we'll look at that later...

To kill some rats without making a Scatter scene, use some fire elementals. Their pretty tough with 4 defense and an occasional wounded from Searing Heat will force rats to think twice before coming towards us.

...................due to time constraints, I'll finish this later........

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.