View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: A Discussion on Scale in C3G

The other item I recently picked up is a CAT construction vehicle toy. I found this line of toys at Target and they had maybe 5 or 6 different types of construction vehicles you could get. Each one was $6 and the scale of the toys is not clear to me but they appear to be in the right range.

Here it is out of the package. With this one, you can lift the bucket up out of the way if you want and then the tracks only cover up a 4 hex area.

Alternately you can lower the bucket down to cover up an adj. 5th hex of your choice. Since the cab spins fully around on the tracks you really have a lot of freedom of movement when positioning this toy.

Now here is a pic of my newest construction vehicle next to the dump truck I picked up earlier this summer at ToysRus. You can see that the CAT vehicle is a slightly smaller scale, but really construction vehicles come in many different sizes in the real world so they actually still work okay together. I do with I had found these CAT vehicles first though as I would have preferred to just have a CAT dump truck now.

Now just one last pic showing how the scale of the CAT vehicle, the pickup truck, and Shockwave match up with a 3 story building created by Grish.