Thread: Diplomacy
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2017, 11:37 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Diplomacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
No press or communication about the game outside of the judge. Not. A. Word. Not here, not on the phone, not by email or Facebook post or chatter by the water cooler. That is cheating, and even the lightest most innocent-seeming remark can betray something important.

If anyone has any objection to continuing as we are please let me know privately. One option is restarting with the same seven but with new opportunities to select powers, so things may be different.

It's a fun game and I don't want to be so harsh as it's starting but I need to be clear on this point.
???

Afraid I don't understand why one form of private communication is cheating while another isn't? Only thing I can think of is if say I was telling everyone I was Austria when I was really Turkey, but that sort of fiction would make itself evident rather quickly.

Ultimately I joined the game to have fun with my fellow Scapers and friends. I know AYP, Ranior, and kevindola through CoN and this seemed to be a good opportunity to interact with both them and the other Scapers I haven't had the pleasure to talk with much. Keeping things rigid and strict keeps things more stodgy and official; more work than fun. And the reason I play games is to have fun; to scheme and banter and **** talk with old and new friends alike, just like I would on an actual tabletop.

But maybe I am alone in that sentiment, and since I am new to Diplomacy I would like know if there is a reason for keeping things so rigid that actually affects the gameplay.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT