View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Makes a C3G Hero (or Sidekick)?

This definitely isn't a thread about calling anyone out or saying anyone is unworthy. It's about what it takes to hold the project together in the future and the standard we need to set ourselves for the future.
If we add a hero, don't we want to add a hero who will do some of the heavy lifting (playtesting) on a regular basis? And can we really hold that hero to that standard if we're not holding ourselves to that same standard?
There's also the idea of what it takes to make an informed vote. Theoryscaping is great, but I can say for a fact that I have learned so much about what we do, what makes a card work, what it's like to balance something for these sets, and so on, just from playing with the figures on a regular basis. I may be biased, but I truly believe that a vote from a regular playtester on a design or costing matter is so much more informed than the vote of a non-playtester or mere theoryscaper. This even holds true for someone who's recently playtested an entirely different unit, because they're still active in the game, still getting a feel for these customs on a regular basis.
Don't we want our voters - our major decision makers - to be informed voters and decision makers?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.