View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2019, 02:17 AM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

[QUOTE=All Your Pie;2292581]While I don’t mind reusing powers and concepts, I feel like reusing a version of Gothlok’s aura would cheapen both designs. This unit would certainly be different enough from Gothlok, but that aura is still the centerpiece of his design and it would feel a little odd to me to repeat it elsewhere. Plus, keeping the total number of stat lowering auras in the game to a minimum is probably a good idea simply to avoid unpleasant interactions with stacking them as much as possible.

I still prefer this guy’s aura to be anti-defensive in some way for largely the reasons Scytale mentioned—whenever possible I prefer to design units that encourage fast offensive games, not slow defensive ones. If we don’t want to do the defensive re-roll (although I don’t personally feel it would slow down the game all that much) we could consider other options. Here’s an idea that popped into my head:

Aura of Frailty
Whenever an opponent’s figure within 4 clear sigh spaces of (figure name) rolls defense dice, if they roll exactly the same amount of shields as the attacker rolled skulls, the defending figure receives a wound.

Range 5? for aura?