View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Post

I like the general direction on Monica, but the current powers are waaay too strong.

Not only is Avengers Field Leader a a really good power in its own right, and not only does it really work well with Cap, it's insane with Ms Marvel. You can easily get three turns per OM. One with Ms Marvel, one from Carol's bonding power, and then another from Monica's. Putting the OM on Monica would really help things, but it's still stronger than I'd prefer for her. Maybe free movement of some kind?

Radioactive Blast is also insanely good. With Intangibility, she can use the power on every turn, and you'll rarely need to add to her range. With Cap (who she'll play better with than most) and height, that's an average of -4 Defense, and -5 or -6 is not out of the question. Killing Thor in two attacks is straight up broken. Putting a cap on it is necessary. Knocking her her range down to 1 would help too, especially if you required the figure to be a few spaces away for the defense subtract. Something like:

Quote:
RADIOACTIVE BLAST
Before attacking, you may add up to 4 to Spectrum's Range number for the remainder of the turn. If you do, subtract the same number from her Attack number for the remainder of the turn. If Spectrum attacks a figure without the Environmental Suit that is at least 3 spaces away,, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each skull rolled by Spectrum.
Still probably too strong without a cap on the defense subtract, but a little better and more interesting mechanically, I think.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"