View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!
Re: New dice probability graphs (pretty colors)

Does it even help that much to get these things into graphs I guess is the big question I have.

Like this is just a quick spin up I did of the graph of a 4v4 attack.

I'm not sure how seeing this as bars actually is more helpful than just the raw numbers. In general the probability of >1 wound isn't even that relevant to gameplay decisions as it gets too far into augury to try to figure out when a hero will die, and your opponent and you will both be playing different based on how many wounds heroes take anyways.

Not to pile on you in this post. But data visualization is what I work in and Heroscape probability is really interesting to me. It's important to make sure your data analysis is always motivated and isn't just producing bar charts for the sake of bar charts.

Something that I think could be a useful bar chart is probability of at least one wound for a variety of attack/defense dice.