Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Workshop Thread

Hello judges!

After thinking over your initial comments on my maps, I decided to go back and make slight alterations to them. As such, I'd like them to be reviewed in the Workshop Thread.

Everglades and Evergreens

The only change I made with this map was readjusting the sandy area by the Initiative glyph. Before, having one figure on the glyph and one between the glyph and the tree made it impossible for a double-spaced figure to engage the figure on the glyph. It should now be much easier to do so. Additionally, one happy accident of the first change is that it is slightly easier to climb over the wall when coming out from the start zone. In the earlier edition, the hexes by the center of the wall were Level 0, which made it harder for figures to climb over (or impossible for figures with height of 4 or less). I think this is a bit better.

Marshall Law

For this one, I changed the water on the side of the Wound glyph to make it more accessible to double-spaced figures who are trying to engage the figure on the glyph. On the other side of the map, I changed the configuration by the seven-hex swamp piece so it is a little easier to get figures out of the start zone on that side. I also readjusted some of the battlements near the middle sandy portion. This was partially for aesthetic reasons, but I think it also opens up the middle of the map a bit.

I think both maps are at least slightly improved from their previous versions. I look forward to hearing any initial thoughts you may have, as well as your reviews later on down the road.