View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Warpath (Design Phase)

While not overly familiar with his story I have always been interested in him so I started doing a little research on the character and I have a few questions about the design. It says Storm and Black Panther gave him the Vibranium Daggers, and that happens fairly far along his story line, after which he was a member of the X-Men and then X-Force (Wolverine, X-23, Hepzibah, Caliban, & Wolfsbane) again. As much as I'd welcome more Mercenary designs it seems like that is not a good class description for him if the card is suppose to represent him after he received the daggers. Then concerning the twin daggers, does he throw them at opponents often and then they come back to him some how? I'm not seeing why or how the SA has a ranged component, I understand that he can throw them but once he does they are no longer in his hands for future attacks. I think I'd just simplify that to melee attacks only.

After reading about his speed:

Superhuman Speed: Despite his great size, Warpath is capable of running and moving at speeds much greater than even the finest human athlete. At his peak, Warpath is capable of running at speeds up to 100 miles per hour. His current speed is unknown.

I'd certainly say a speed of 7 or 8 is warranted. He seems to be faster than many of our 6 move figures.

His durability seems like it is actually quite a bit better than just a base defense of 5, 6 when engaged.

Superhuman Durability: Warpath's body is harder and more resistant to certain types of injury than the body of an ordinary human. For instance, he can withstand the force generated by great impacts. He can withstand impact forces, such as falling from several stories, being hit by certain level energy blasts, and being struck by a superhumanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human. He can withstand high caliber bullets, exposure to temperature extremes, vastly powerful energy blasts from the likes of Exodus, and great impact forces such as being repeatedly punched by the Juggernaut without being hurt. His current level of durability is unknown.

If we keep his base defense at 5, then he needs something more to enhance it. How about 2 shields block all damage, but then drop the life to 5? He does have pretty impressive agility and reflexes, enough to dodge bullets, so autoblocking all different types of attacks seems fitting to me.

Just spitballing ideas here but what about something more like this?

NAME = WARPATH
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES PROUDSTAR

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ???????
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 290?

BATTLE READY
After an opponent's figure ends its movement within 3 spaces of Warpath, you may immediately move Warpath up to 2 spaces as long as he ends this movement engaged with that figure. When Warpath moves using Battle Ready he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

VIBRANIUM BLADES
When Warpath attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each blank rolled and Warpath may attack one additional time.

SUPERHUMAN DURABILITY
When rolling defense dice, if Warpath rolls 2 or more shields he will block all damage.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Two normal adj. attacks of 5 in which blanks rolled reduce defense certainly covers his superior melee combat skills, superstrenght, and twin vibranium blades. The two shields blocks any type of attack on 5 def. dice covers his impressive toughness and quickness. Then the move to engage on an opponents with turn with disengage highlights his speed, agility, and reflexes.