View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2015, 01:51 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Two for the Price of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I remember it as the opposite. I thought the rules specifically mentioned that figure has to fit on each space it passes & be able to physically pass through all terrain that it would pass in doing so. Except fliers of course .
The figure does not need to be able to physically move from one space to the next space, but it must be able to fit at each space along the way.

Constructions have been built throughout discussions over the years wherein, for example, Mimring can pass through a 1-hex hole because he can fit on the spaces before he "passes through" the hole and on the spaces after. But obviously he could not actually pass through the hole. This is another situation wherein the edge-cases in the rule-set proves the statement - it's a GAME not a SIMULATION.

~Z
I believe that is an exception for 2 space figures when moving up & down levels. What I was referring to was built-up terrain &/or obstacles on either side of the chosen path & the figure can't physically move through it therefore it is not allowed to take that path.
Nope. Applies to 1-hex figs too. F'rinstance DW9000 also cannot fit through a 1-hex hole but can "pass though" it as long as he fits above and below (of course he might take falling damage and die, but that's a different issue). Some of the fliers which have wings sticking out sideways can have issues when forced to walk, too.

The rule-of-thumb is: try to fit them at each step along the way. They can twist and turn and/or flip end-for-end as much as they want, but they must fit at each step. They do not need to actually move from one-hex to the next as if they were actually walking. 2-hex figs must fit with their base level - one hex overhanging a level change is OK.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread