View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2022, 01:31 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
One (likely controversial) suggestion: IMO, the lawmen faction is pretty well complete. However, I the outlaws need a little love and as the chaotic good general, Aquilla is perfect for the next outlaw.

IMO the only generals that can't have an outlaw are Jandar, Einar, & Ullar (all are too orderly) and the only generals that can't have a lawman are Utgar & Valkrill. All other generals should have 1 of each to fill the "everyone got one" theme of these factions.

Therefore, I'd suggest changing Jim's default class to outlaw
The Lawman faction is certainly pretty full at the moment. However, I don't really want to make Jim an Outlaw.

While I think an Aquilla Outlaw is workable, I also think that an Einar Outlaw is even more workable. Einar has Gladiators already, which were arena fighters partially comprised of criminals trying to earn their freedom through fighting. Heck, Guilty McCreech is literally a corrupt Lawman, that might well have been an Outlaw if the OG designers had been making Outlaws. If I was designing Guilty, I'd give him an ability similar to Heritage, but it makes him on Outlaw if you have any other Outlaws in your army.
Totally understand - it's your custom (or Pumpkin King's) so go ahead with whatever you want to do.

For Einar, Einar is defined by discipline & honor. IMO the Gladiators & Guilty were a total mistake for Einar, they definitely belong with another general. I think the clear design philosophy break with those units was a mistake and doesn't justify totally re-writing the Einar theme. For me, a Jandar or Ullar outlaw makes more sense than an Einar one.