View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2019, 03:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I have only two scenarios left to go of the 22 new ones that came with The Great War Expansion #2: The French Army. I'm posting a long series of commentary/session reports on BGG for them. Mostly I've been solitairing them, but three or four pals have joined me in a game or two over the last few weeks. Choosing the new Special Personnel Figures at the start of each scenario is a new and interesting aspect of the game, and the French Heavy Tanks are fun too, being slightly different than the British ones introduced earlier. The more famous light Renault tanks are supposedly going to be introduced with the American Army expansion, one of several in planning stages; the next will be battles of the early war in 1914, using the green side of the board.

A pal lent me his new Kami Sama and I'm having fun with it. Its by the fairly new small company Kolossal, who is also making my huge Kickstarter Mezo for next Sept., in the class of Rising Sun huge mini area control games.

My other upcoming giant Kickstarter is Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare, due in March. PSC is trying to get it shipped out later this month before the great Chinese New Year Production Slow Down, which happens all February every year! Its Command & Colors in space!!! Richard Borg did such a great job with Battle Lore, the Fantasy/Medieval version of the game series, that I'm expecting great things. You can see my early prepublication commentary, thanks to the rules being available early, here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...rly-commentary

Coming up I'll be going over the rules for Three Kingdoms Redux, possibly the greatest three player only game ever designed. At the time I got it last year it was not available on this side of the ocean; but now has a US distributor. So I've only played it once after one solitaire. Its a truly amazing Asian design from Singapore, and if you love the classic Chinese novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms as I do, that's a plus too.

Last edited by chas; January 16th, 2019 at 03:40 AM.