View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Changeling

Quote:
MOVEMENT METAMORPHOSIS
Before moving normally, you may choose either the Elephant, Robin, or Stag. If you choose:
• Elephant, Changeling is considered large, may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving, roll an unblockable attack die against each figure Changeling moved though this turn.
• Robin, Changeling gains the Flying special power.
• Stag, add 3 spaces to Changeling's move.

ATTACK METAMORPHOSIS
Before attacking normally, you may choose either the Python, Gorilla, or Panther. If you choose:
Python, instead of attacking you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Changeling. and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
• Gorilla, roll 2 additional attack dice.
• Panther, Changeling may attack one additional time.

DEFENSE METAMORPHOSIS
Before rolling defense dice, you may choose either the Rabbit, Porcupine, or Turtle. If you choose:
Rabbit, after rolling defense dice, Changeling may move up to 2 spaces. Changeling will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power.
• Porcupine, if Changeling has excess shields when defending against an adjacent normal attack, the attacking figure receives 1 wound.
• Turtle, roll 2 additional defense dice.
Plaintext:

Quote:
MOVEMENT METAMORPHOSIS
Before moving normally, you may choose either the Elephant, Robin, or Stag. If you choose:
• Elephant, Changeling is considered large, may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. After moving, roll an unblockable attack die against each figure Changeling moved though this turn.
• Robin, Changeling gains the Flying special power.
• Stag, add 3 spaces to Changeling's move.

ATTACK METAMORPHOSIS
Before attacking normally, you may choose either the Python, Gorilla, or Panther. If you choose:
• Python, instead of attacking you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Changeling and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
• Gorilla, roll 2 additional attack dice.
• Panther, Changeling may attack one additional time.

DEFENSE METAMORPHOSIS
Before rolling defense dice, you may choose either the Rabbit, Porcupine, or Turtle. If you choose:
• Rabbit, after rolling defense dice, Changeling may move up to 2 spaces. Changeling will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power.
• Porcupine, if Changeling has excess shields when defending against an adjacent normal attack, the attacking figure receives 1 wound.
• Turtle, roll 2 additional defense dice.
A few edits, some of which will help the length, some of which won't.

Went with Python over Boa Constrictor because they also kill by constriction and the name is shorter. Went with Rabbit over Jackrabbbit as suggested by johnny.

I also agree that SS isn't a strict necessity.

The only mechanical change I made was the adjacency restriction on Porcupine, but I'd consider dropping the 'no LEAs' clause from elephant - I've never thought of elephants as being particularly nimble, and I think right now that's the power he's going to want to use 99% of the time once he's in the fray.

I'd consider slightly tweaking to this:

Quote:
• Elephant, Changeling is considered large, may move through all figures, and if any figure rolls for a leaving engagement attack against Changeling and does not roll a skull, that figure receives a wound.
• Robin, Changeling gains the Flying special power and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
The Elephant still feels rampage-y, and it gives the Robin a little more utility as the 'go small and get away' power. That version is a hair longer than the current one, though. No idea if either version fits on a card.

EDIT: Some of the edits I made didn't get carried over into the plaintext version. D'oh! Fixed