View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2016, 04:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

Instead of giving the player with the most spawn points more reinforcement and contributing to the runaway factor, what about if we use a 7-hex tile with the center space the spawn/control point and you can only respawn your figures if they can be adjacent to this point. So in other words if you only own 1 control point you get a max of 6 figures to respawn. So if everyone gets the same set of say 300 points to respawn then the player with 3 control points could fill the spaces with 18 cheap common figures and swarm while the player with only 1 is limited to the 6 spaces and therefore will be limited to a Hero and few squad figures or just fewer squad figures if his hero has been taken out. Owning the most control points has the inherent advantage of spreading out across the map so you don't need to offer any more of an advantage to that player. In fact to keep the game fun for both sides it's sometimes a decision to spread yourself thin to keep at least one figure on a control point or try to surround and rush that last control point to end the game and hope the other player doesn't get a figure to break through the lines and take control of on unprotected control point at the end of the round.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.