View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Because no opponent in their right mind would allow it, this will probably stay strictly Theory, but imagine a game where you got to see the army you would be facing before you built your own army. How quickly do you think that you could obliterate your foe? In the interest of seeing what people put together I submit this challenge: build an army of 500 points and 24 hexes that can beat the most recently posted army as easily as possible. Feel free to include any specific strategies that you would use as well. And please quote the army you are focusing on, in case other posts show up between yours and theirs.

I'll start this off with a little slow-pitch:

Stingers x3 180
Dividers x2 280
Nagrubs x2 340
Su-Bak-Na 500
23 hexes
marcus
3x legos
mbs
ngs
ae
500/16(20)

The ae don't start on the battlefield so every round everyone gets to move forward while your army will most likely be advancing in waves due to the amount of figures. Thanks to the romans my army will be attacking with a maximum of five figures each turn (prior to the ae) against your maximum of four figures per turn (three of which are nagrubs). Once the ae drop they can remove more than one squad per turn (due to you using three figure squads), ngs holds off sbn, mbs shoots and sbn while he is engaged to ngs and if he disengages with ngs to attack mbs he risks a 50% chance of losing a fifth of his health. The romans and marcus deal with the squads prior to the ae entering the game and if you swarm ngs the ae can grenade him. This army beats yours imho.

I love it when a plan comes together!