View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:22 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SIEGE's AotP Converted Customs

I'm not going to quote all that but will respond to all. About the Volatile Hedron Javelins there is a high range and high rate of success here but I think I have come up with a solution. Lots of MtG style abilities that sounds as such typically will destroy the figure being thrown. Instead of a 1-3 roll giving the goblin a wound you destroy it regardless if you inflict a wound or not. Sure it's a very good attack but with that drawback it might be balanced. Archmage's assault is much more devastating. Perhaps give it a squad figure or keep its small or medium restriction. I'm comparing these abilities to the Black Wurmling's special attack. It has a relatively good chance of success and decent range with a total of 10 threat range. I would say with these restrictions this would be on par with the wurmling's special. Thoughts on the change?

Now squads with more than 1 life. Unfortunately I cannot comment on this fully as I haven't playtested but can tell you their addition is at least different than normal scape. I suppose their survive ability compared to their points would need to be looked at. Hey if anything if they work out it makes healers that much better and more playable. I like that idea but we need to make sure they aren't over surviveable taking their point cost into consideration. this is keeping them the same. Now if we were to change them I think we could get a few answers on comparing the basic and advanced game in scape. That changes multi life to single life by adding defense we can figure out how they did it, maybe +1 defense for every life as shown or maybe a different way. We can try that and see how i plays out. I'm somewhat against doing this as it would change too much especially the lifelink discussion we had, no more lifelink.

Thanks for liking the haste idea. For the spell cards I think it's easiest to just give planeswalkers the magical defense special ability. This way they can use spell cards from C3G and vice versa. If you wish to keep it separate we can just have a different ability and make sure each card specifically states that that spell card can only be used by figures with X ability.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet