View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2021, 06:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Wow; nobody has posted here for four months! Could it be the Pandemic that has slowed down both backing and receiving games these days?

The Gamefound campaign for Spring and Autumn: Story of China (Mr. B. Games) has a draft page up now, and starts Dec. 1. This is a sequel to the excellent Hellenica: Story of Greece, which I own. The Leaders & Legends Expansion for the latter is due here in December; its one of the last PrePandemic campaigns I backed so long ago! I also have the Game Mat coming for it, because the many troop and building minis crowd the original mapboard. It will be the very first game mat I've purchased. I usually go Game Play All In, which skips game mats, art books, and other "pure bling."

A beautiful "overproduced" design by a small company, these games are not offered at retail afterwards, and so are worth researching ahead of time! I've played Hellenica several times before the Pandemic hit, and play tested the China game with the designer. Its just different enough that I feel its worth getting. Plus games on China are very rare in the hobby, as opposed to those on Japan. My copy of [I]The Great Wall (Awaken Realms) is the other game due here in December; its the other PrePandemic order I'm waiting on! [/I] While TGW is a hybrid Euro, S&A is a 3 1/2 X Strategy game.

Last edited by chas; February 3rd, 2022 at 09:22 PM.