View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
Great work guys!

I still don't like having to choose a size for Jake in advance of things happening. How about another take?

Quote:
Jake is not affected by any power on an opponent's card that references a figure's size.
This makes him simply immune to any power that targets small, medium, large or huge figures. He simply blows up or shrinks down to avaoid any harm.
The way I see it is that Jake is kind of lazy. He often forgets to shapeshift when it would be an amazing idea to do so. This has caused him to run from things he should be able to absolutely destroy. Plus I like players having to make tactical decisions.

~Dysole, knowing that we will have to sacrifice some theme for gameplay
I see your point, but still like this other version more. Also, it doesn't have any bookkeeping issues, like choosing each round would have.
Your version also makes Jake immune to carry. It also occurs to me that a size number for Jake might be needed simply to determine adjacency/engagement with figures. All in all, the question really becomes one of "Do we think Jake should be able to be affected by powers like Fearless Advantage, Chain Grab, and Acid Breath?" I am in the camp of "I don't see why not and if he isn't he becomes more boring of a figure." That's where I stand.
He wouldn't be immune to carry, as the wording specifies powers on opponent's cards. But I see your points, and in the end I'd be okay with the optional choosing size at the start of the turn.

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 25th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.