View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Judge Dredd

Reevaluation playtests:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
- Theme Test - Inconclusive, but to someone who admittedly only knows him by reputation, he felt perfect.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass

- Synergies Test - Pass - Judge Anderson’s Psi-Flash does a tonne to help him, but not an unreasonable amount for her own 190 point price tag.
- Power Check - Pass - He's a strong, fun SA slinger, and I love him.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass - He’s a blast to play.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - He’s threatening, but not irritating - his offensive potential is great, but 5 Life and 5 Defence, while solid and quite capable of tanking blows, isn’t too hard to claw through with any reasonable offence.
- Drafting Test - Definite Pass - I already had something of a sneaking fondness for Dredd, even though I knew he wasn’t that good. Now he has a budding faction and is worth his cost anyway? By all the gods, yes! And SA slinger like this has a nice niche in the game.
- Usage Test - Tentative Pass - I think the Ricochet’s going to struggle to justify use. The High-Ex is the workhorse round, with the most destructive potential, but you'll often want to avoid it for the sake of avoiding collateral damage. Just punching someone with an attack of 5 is a solid option if someone closes in and you don’t want to risk the High-Ex hurting Dredd himself, and you need a higher attack to puncture their defence, though you’re sacrificing a second attack for it. Incendiary is actually surprisingly good - I always dismissed it as a dedicated DO destroyer, but he can still shoot twice with it, it’s got the longest range of all his rounds, making it viable for sniping, and is non-explosive, also making it viable for melee combat, and it can potentially inflict an extra wound of burn damage, making it well worth going for from time to time. Ricochet, though... I have a hard time seeing that many occassions where you’d want to attempt a 3 attack shot whoss special effect is a second shot of only 3 attack at another figure within 3 spaces of the first if, and only if, you inflict a wound with the first attack. Probably good against squads, but then there’ll be at least as many times you’ll want to reach for the High-Ex, if not more. I don’t know, it’ll be useful against low-defence figures in a loose formation, but it clearly feels like his least useful attack type to me.
- Strategy Test - Pass - His variety of attack types available make him nicely strategic.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Judge Dredd
Army Test 1
Map:
Avernus (no glyphs)
Armies:
Judge Dredd (210), Iron Patriot, Conan (700 points)
vs.
Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello (700 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map:
Blacktop (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Judge Dredd (210), Judge Anderson, 2x Brit-Cit Judges (510 points)
vs.
Batman (Bruce Wayne) (vI), Robin (Tim Drake), Black Canary (510 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I know I suggested boosting his SAs instead, but honestly, as someone who admittedly isn’t familiar with the source material, he’s feeling pretty much perfect now - he’s actually pretty badass and threatening, around a similar level to the likes of Conan, Batman etc.. I love him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: JUDGE DREDD (REEVAL AT 210)

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Judge Dredd (210), Captain America (240), Oracle (110), Jean Grey (180), Zombie (120), Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) (140) (1,000) vs Fantastic Four (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!