View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2022, 09:32 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The importance of minute hit zone/target point adjustments

This came up in my Season 49 game with @Captain Stupendous yesterday and I thought it was worth sharing. Ask yourself: in the following scenario, is there any way that Raelin can have line of sight to the Marro Drone adjacent to the uppermost rock pillar?

To make things easier, let's visualise Raelin's LOS by drawing 2 straight lines from her target point past the rock pillar directly in front of her. Anything behind the pillar that lies between the 2 lines, she can't see.

As you can see, it's quite a large space. However, there is a way we can adjust the area Raelin can see from her current tile. Let's rotate Raelin 90 degrees and move her to the left edge of the hex she's currently occupying.

Raelin can see the vast majority of the level 2 shadow space now, and she hasn't lost LOS to the other 2 drones adjacent to the level 4 height - not bad at all. Let's try rotating our drone adjacent to the rock pillar and see what happens.

Success! The very tip of the Marro Drone's sword protrudes into Raelin's LOS and the Drone can add 1 to his defence thanks to Extended Defensive Aura. This makes it more likely for him to block a potential height attack from Cyprien the following turn.

What do you guys think? Does anyone have any examples where a small adjustment to a figure's target point or hit zone had a large impact on the outcome of a game? Is this practice morally acceptable considering it pushes the rules around clear line of sight to their very limits? Am I an asshole for doing this to Captain Stupendous considering that I was probably going to win this game anyway?

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman