View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2021, 11:47 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

To be clear, Crimson Blades is only intended to work with and on Akhenaten's own attacks, right?

I think that Crimson Blades would read a lot cleaner if instead of "saving dice," you could place a Crimson Blade Marker or something on his card when you roll an excess skull (or attack and roll at least one skull without inflicting a wound). You lose out on some of the flexibility of choosing which dice to save (either unnecessary damage or too few skulls to be worthwhile), but it feels more in line with something from an official design.

I don't think that Evasive Tactics should be a blanket "always on" power. Giving all Guards in the game disengage for 90 points feels dangerous, especially when it's already a class with synergies and good units like the Honor Guard or Blastatrons. Akhenaten probably wouldn't break them, but it'd need to be tested very carefully. Some kind of a range or sight limit feels more prudent to me.

More thematically, I'm not sure that disengage is the best pairing for the "Guard" class. This is a relatively minor quibble, but I feel like some kind of a durability increase would be more thematic for Guards, albeit it'd probably be just as problematic depending on the implementation and I don't have any concrete alternative to suggest. A straight defense dice bonus would be interesting for some units like Gurei-Oni, but also potentially frustrating when paired with stuff like the Crypt Guardians. It's a bit hard to balance.

Is Akhenaten intended to be the actual D&D Karnathi Skeleton monster? The name's Egyptian roots makes me think of Feylund first, but I'm not familiar with D&D lore. The further he gets from the Tomb Skeletons, the more that Skeletal Form stands out to me, but like I said earlier in this thread, I think that the power isn't good in the first place.