View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscaper Guy's Customs

Here's an old thread. Hasn't seen any updates in forever, but I'll toss in some comments anyway.

Grey Necromancer
The concept used for Raise the Dead is unique, but would run into a lot of problems. It seems like you can turn anything into a common undead and then raise them back to the battlefield, at which point you're going to have a messy time remembering which figure is supposed to be what. Also, heroes like Finn have meaning beyond death, so what happens to their Spirits? Also, is Reanimate allowed to place figures anywhere on the board? That is really powerful. The design would be tightened up if made to work more like Nicholas Esenwein, where he could replace a figure he destroys with a common undead.

Shrieker
The wording needs some work (use the Mind Flayer Mastermind's Psionic Blast Special Attack along with Dund's Crippling Gaze and Othkurik's Acid Spray Special Attack as models), but the concept is neat. Not a bad piece of filler, though too much for 50 points. I suggest dropping him to 1 life and making him a Common Hero.

Water Gremlins
Is there a reason they have 4 attack? That's crazy-high for a squad, but I can't tell how many members are in the squad. When does Disassemble happen? After moving? After attacking? Instead of attacking? When a Soulborg moves adjacent? Multiply has the same issue: when does it happen? And is there a limit, or can I multiply as many times during a turn as I have spaces to multiply to? Regardless of the answer, a guaranteed duplicate is much too strong; look to the Marro Warriors for an example of this mechanic.

Dourkon the Tinker Gnome
I see where you're going, but I'm never a fan of units that make Q9 better. Even if you reduce Repair to at most one wound marker per turn, it's still incredibly powerful for high-defense Soulborg. Regardless of the point cost, Raelin + Dourkon + Q9 is nigh unbeatable.