View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:54 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Thing is, I had already done a deal with the guy, and I suppose because I am 18 and can still remember trading from 13 on and never outing a single person in the process, I made an exception. Not to mention that he messaged me literally every time I signed on aim. A shame really, but I guess theres a chance he's lacking on the responsibility front and not being plain old malicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Just a random shout out I have not heard from venom_killed_superman around a week after paying him. I've done one successful deal with him, but now he's up and vanished and has not replied to my messages offline aim or on here. Anyone else having issues with him?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...44#post1023644

Just a little background info for anyone considering a trade with VKS...Check the latest bad trader's post linked above. I would put it all here but it is really long and I don't want to clutter this up too much with a bunch of negativity.

Be warned, it isn't pleasant. When you dig around in trash you find unpleasant things.

To be blunt: I thoroughly regret defending him the way I did. Anyone who wants to send me an, "I told ya so!" feel free.
This is why you don't trade with minors. Me, I'm in a different situaition. I can drive to his house, knock on his door, and talk with his mother about the situation. If you're in Oregon or California, it's probably not a bad idea to NOT trade with a minor 4000 miles away.

Caveat Emptor, people. I have had 50+ positive trades on Heroscapers.com now and a few hundred elsewhere (yes, I am trying to keep FedEx in business, personally) and if you make sure you know who you're dealing with, and do your due dilligence, you'll be better off.

Trade Rules For Skeptics:
1. Never trade with ANYONE you cannot drive to and back from in a weekend to recover your stuff. It may cost you some money, but at least you can get recovery.

2. Never, ever, ever trade with any minors unless you've talked to their parents personally, or unless you have friends within 30 minutes to contact their parents personally.

3. When a person has little Rep, or has few trade certifications, don't do it unless you're within the same state.

These 3 rules do limit what you can find, but they also limit your liability. Just remember how YOU were when you were <18, and keep that in mind when trying to do a business deal with a minor.