View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2018, 03:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Letters From the Front

Dramatis personae

Thraag, gnome barbarian
Cellian "Del" Siannodel, half-elf sorcerer (me)
Finn, halfling monk
Sue, human ranger
Curly, Sue's battle pig
Keylee, halfling rogue (Finn's cousin, an NPC)

When last we left our heroes, they had robbed and firebombed a home belonging to a high-ranking member of the Myriad. The "robbery" consisted of a few works of art, an item or two, and - most importantly - documents relating to the capture of Finn's and Keylee's family, and the sale of that clan into slavery.

So we looked over the documents that night and the next morning, and then we set out to wrap up our affairs. We bought ourselves a bag of holding - it involved going to the same shop a couple of times, in different disguises, before making a satisfactory arrangement - and then we headed down to the docks. Our destination was a cave fortress many miles upstream, to the north.

We spent the day arranging for transportation, then day-drinking and carousing in a tavern. As I recall I tried to cheat at a few card games and the gnome barbarian sang for the crowd. Partly out of nervousness following the firebombing incident and partly for convenience, we stayed that night at the docks and took the barge north the next morning.

For myself, I love the days in town. I like being the party Face and finding ways to do useful stuff with the townspeople, and I like it when my party mates do things like sing for the people in a tavern. But we were moving back to the "dungeons" part of "Dungeons & Dragons," and off we went.

After a few days on the barge, during which the salve to turn my skin back to normal (My wild magic had turned it blue three times. Did I already mention that? And I'd bought some kind of a salve or potion that was supposed to make it go away, but it was taking ages to work.) we arrived upstream at a small town near our destination. We got directions at the local tavern and spent the night there. The next day we got up early and found the cave that led into some old dwarf fortress.

We've had a few sessions now of picking our way through traps and battling orcs and dungeon-monsters. At the end of last week's session we leveled up to 6, and this week we did a lot of exploring with only a little combat. Found a +1 longsword, which is currently with the ranger but should probably get reassigned to the barbarian.

Also, in the same room with the magic sword we found a beautiful steel and silver helmet. It was human-sized, and didn't really fit anyone except the animated zombie I was controlling (I have a magic whistle that occasionally lets me animate dead), so we stuck it on him and called it his "hood ornament." Later, near a fast-moving underground stream, most of us rolled poorly and, luckily, those of us who rolled well managed to keep the rest of us from slipping into the stream. Only the zombie went all the way in, and was swept away, down the waterfall and out of sight. Hood ornament and all.

Anyway. We ended the session in the middle of combat against a couple of "black puddings," which aren't nearly as delicious as they sound.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =