View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse REINFORCEMENT PACKS - Black Knight draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
Nice design, and a good summation of the character. 180 seems a bit high to me for his point cost. Compared to Venom at 150, his attack is
worse(ebony blade SA isn't usually as good as a 6 attack even before the penalty), his survivability is pretty close(maybe even a bit worse), his movement is comparable(yes he can fly, but no stealth movement), and he doesn't have any type of ranged attack. In my opinion Venom is easily better and 30 points cheaper. Granted Venom received an A or A- in the power rankings I think but then compare your Black Knight to Spider-Man and most of the same arguments hold up.
Thanks for checking the HelmAverse out and thanks even more for your insight. I originally had this guy written up at 160 but then bumped him for fear that the Ebony Blade Special Attack could really make a difference. But after reading your comparison to Venom, I think you made some excellent points. The Special Attack probably isn't as nasty as I thought, especially since he wouldn't like use it against squads for fear of killing them. He really is just a flying melee set-up character who can put a little damage on another Hero but then merely locks up an engagement for a while with a weak normal attack.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to playtest him in my recent games so I'll have to hope that another HelmAverse fan takes a whirl but I'm really starting to think that this guy should be down in the 140 point range.