View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2017, 08:20 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: Total Eclipse 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
That's very cool that you got to experience that David. I got to see a little bit up here in Northwest Indiana, but it only got a little bit darker and a little bit cooler during that time. Pretty cool still.

I have a bunch of buddies that went down to Carbondale, IL to check it out at the epicenter or whatever. They said it was great, but the traffic out of there was nuts.
At least you're near Gencon, though I can't imagine what it would do to my wallet if I was that close to the convention. Then again, I really hate large crowds, so that might be a deterrent. I still can't believe Long Hunter State Park wasn't filled to capacity. I think people were headed towards the areas with the longest duration around 2 min 40 sec. I didn't feel cheated at 2 min, because time seemed to stand still during that period.

I love that picture you posted. The picture I took was a blur, although the movie I took with my camera did show the darkening at ground level.