View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2023, 06:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

This new environment may encourage group buying strategies of the new stuff. Here at The New York City Gang of Four, where I'm the physical host for our games, most of the five of us own almost all of the Classic product, and I've been gifted all of the VC cards on cardboard stock. Since we have minimal participation in the tournament scene, we also borrow figures from each other as necessary for our monthly custom scenarios.

Its a standard practice in nonScape game clubs for different individuals to collect different mini armies for the major nations in a particular conflict. In a like manner, now for both figures/cards and terrain, different people could buy different product, and make it all available to the group.

Recently one of us moved into a smaller apartment and got rid of his stuff, selling or gifting most of it to the rest of us or others. Some of us have large collections of nonScape figures from other games that we can use as proxies as needed. Examples include Star Wars figures and Heroclix. And some of the committee approved minis for VC cards. This has allowed me to come up with proxies for all of the unofficial versions of the new AOA designs for my Age of Annihilation Revival Project, which you can check out on our thread linked below in my signature line. This has allowed us to already be playing games with all the Hasbro Offering AOA stuff using cards by Anitar and/or myself. (Only recently did I see there is a group working on this also, which started out before the Renegade Revival announcement. See New Generation Customs here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=62319. Since the Renegade announcement, they are now working on their own new AOA Customs only). Their stuff is in the Customs section (New Heroscape Cards and Figures) rather than the new AOA section. Although they are using Discord and also put up their own site, there are links to it all there.

It appears that the new types of product, finally including terrain packs and possibly faction card/mini packs, will make this strategy of coordinated buying of the new (and relatively expensive, whether painted or not) game equipment. Another possibility would be chipping in together for largers sets so the group can have access to them.

Last edited by chas; October 10th, 2023 at 05:17 AM.