View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2019, 04:34 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What maps are you currently playing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Quote:
I love playing on this map:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=1987
By @1Mmirg Though I modify it slightly so that double spacers can use it more easily.
I've always been interested in that map, but for some reason I've never actually built it.

I looked in your map thread regarding your modified version but didn't see anything. Do you have a post discussing your changes?
I didn't post about it anywhere other than the Utah Monthly thread back when I made it. And I didn't really say much about it in there either. Basically, I really like the idea of making a map that is competitively viable, but uses capped castle walls. The issues with any map that uses castle walls, even my modification of Flooded Temple, is that they will favor flying way more than usual, and that Ranged armies are already really good on any map, so giving them the chance to get a double height bonus is playing with some very hot fire. The particular issues that I wanted to solve with the original Flooded Temple v2, are that the top of the map is very bumpy, which makes it hard to place double spacers, and that the path up to the top lacked 2 hex, level ground, road pathing, which made it even harder for them to get to top. So my changes were aimed at making it easier for Double spaced figures to make it to the top of the map. I dream of the day where a competitive map using Castle walls will be balanced, and fun to play on with both, all melee, and all range, still accommodate double spacers.
Thanks for the insight, if I end up playing on it I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Quote:
I'm currently playing on:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rJk...hN4NwmG3w/view
By @Flash which is a great map, that I'm enjoying.
I've never played on a @Flash_19 map, but I really need to. It seems to me that he could be one of the best of new wave of map makers.
@Flash is probably the best map maker I've seen just by the sheer number of quality, and fun maps he's pumped out over the last year alone. He's a beast. I love every map he's made, and I hope he doesn't stop any time soon.
Wow, that's very high praise. I now know what cartographer I'm making a map from next. Taking into account value and quality my top five in no particular order are Gamebear, Mad Wookie, Dignan, Typhoon2222 and Robber. I'd be impressed if someone broke into that echelon.