View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2017, 01:21 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Post

I'm not really feeling Brilliant Evasion or Doomsday Machine. The Chief's not pulling any crazy tricks or dodges to avoid attacks in my experience. Not any more than Oracle or Xavier. With Doomsday Machine (which is much better with the new version) I assume you're basing that off the end of Morrison's run? It just doesn't seem iconic to me. He's not tied into doomsday machines any more than most supervillains. I'd focus on recruitment and leading the Doom Patrol for him.

Elasti-Girl I don't really know, but I doubt all that text will fit on a card. Gonna need some cuts there, and I'd start with Misfit Adoption.

Yes, Robotman is the de-facto leader of the team most times, but it's not because he's a tactical genius of any sort. For any leadership power, I'd go for a light touch, or borrow from Frankenstein/Captain Britain. That would capture his leadership style much better. Steel Skin is a good fit, but Reconstruction is meh, if you ask me. I don't see him healing other Androids or even healing himself in battle. I'd go much bigger there and either borrow from Iron Man Mark III where he can dodge being destroyed once, or allow him to slowly heal after being destroyed and let him come back.

I like what you're trying to do with Negative Spirit, but it's gonna need major work. Right now you can only use it once and it's stuck on that card? Needs some wording to allow you to pull it off or clarify that it comes off at the end of the round. I would also allow him to do more with the Negative Spirit, and I'd suggest dropping Controlled Emissions to make space for another power. That one's not a great fit anyway.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"