View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:45 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League VIII: Scraps (Semifinals until 1/22)

vegie's dad and I playing for real this time. Starting

EDIT: Game over.

In an interesting twist, I had VD place first and got +11 but lost initiative. It seemed to tweak both of our plans a bit, but he had Cyprien swoop in and hit Kaemon for 1 Chilling Touch wound. Cyp was surrounded by Forgehammer (taking Valda) and Romans, but the only hit the Vampire for 2 wounds before he retreated with his 2nd OM. I pushed forward killing a pair of knights, but made an arguable mistake by killing a knight that was blocking Alastair's path. This allowed Alastair to move in and start attacking down on Mog, but his 4 def + tough kept him alive.

In the second round the Knight and Romans slogged it out, but the Romans got the better of it. Alastair and all but 1 knight (who took Wannok) were slain. I had a 1 life Forgehammer, and 6 Romans sill left.

Cyprien is good though and while I killed the last Knight and Marcu he flew around claiming both treasures getting +1 attack and +1 defense. He killed Forgehammer with a chill and a Roman I had sent out to take Wannok. This left a 4 life Cyprien (with Attack/Defense +1) against a 3 life Kaemon, 4 life Raelin, and 4 Romans.

The last couple of rounds are tense as I had to juggle order markers. On the final OM of a round He CT Touched Kaemon for his second wound then risked the 4v6 melee which put the 3rd wound on Kaemon. My 3rd OM was on Romans who took Wannok and put 3 wounds on Cyprien (1 life left)

Cyprien won initiative and retreated to Wannok to kill that Roman (2 life left). I moved Kaemon Awa for a normal attack 5v5 down on Cyp which hit for 1 (1 life left)

Cyprien moved adjacent to 1 life Kaemon and his chilling touch missed and his attack was blocked.

Kaemon gets two attacks on the 1 life vampire to try and win it, but both attacks are blocked.

Cyprien again gets a CT to kill off the samurai but it fails. He tried another attack and this time goes 0/4. The samurai takes advantage of the opening and uses counterstrike to the take down the vampire. I thought Cyp was gonna roll through the rest of the army. 5 def Cyprien is NASTY.

I won with a 1 life Kaemon, 4 life Raelin, and 3 Romans

Last edited by kevindola; January 19th, 2017 at 12:18 PM.