View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

In response to a couple of criticisms of Krysto's units, even though I voted on all of them, I thought it would be fair to him to clear up a couple misunderstandings.

1. The Blood Raptors do not, as I read the card, give 3 attacks per OM. They give one attack and movement of two additional Raptors, which must be adjacent to the targeted attackee. The wording is not horrible but it was, apparently, enough to confuse a couple of my fellow judges which is not a great recommendation for the card either. Also even with only one attack per OM I still think there's way too much going on for a 30 point hero.

2. Swarm Gruts
At 50 points and 5/squad, start zone space becomes a real issue for these guys. The "swarm" mechanic appears to be Krysto's clever mechanism for squeezing them into the army. That's why I observed you'd want at least 6, unfortunately, to make 6 of them you'd need to sacrifice 12 squads of Blade Gruts, which is why I voted no. Also, if that's the effect he wanted - to mess with start zone restrictions - that probably should have been on the card.

I do not think it's a coincidence at all that, of the eight units we have now considered reviewing, it's the one with the *fewest words* that appears to be the first that may get to the review process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
I was skeptic that y'all wouldn't be as rigorous as the BoV and wouldn't give detailed critiques because I didn't know of you guys experience. I am very pleased with what I am seeing so far. Keep up the good work!

(This is just more incentive to finish the unit that I am currently testing.)
Thank you for the kind words. It is my personal goal that units we approve are worthy to be on the tabletop of anyone who plays this game, and that's a high standard.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =