View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tentacles of the Kraken - pre Auggies discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
An interesting design. It has great flavor. Painfully easy to avoid fighting, though. Even with only a melee, a clever player will gang up on one at a time, making all order markers on the Tentacles a waste. Instead of Underwater Pull I would have liked to see a power like the Drow Chainfighter's Chain Grab that allows Tentacles to pull in semi-distant figures, giving them a much more useful threatening area.

Minor wording problem in Summon the Kraken:

"you must place all 4 Tentacles of the Kraken on any empty water spaces."

As it is written, Underwater Pull raises the question of whether or not you get to attack (a different figure) after you successfully destroy a figure. It does not say otherwise, so the assumption is that you do, but I sense that is not the intent. I'd also like to suggest limiting it only to Common figures and dropping the d20 chance. Mostly because I root for heroes and want to drown mass commons, but also because I don't think the current design would fare well against common armies.
Thanks for the feedback...this is why we make these pre-discussion threads.

I like the idea of a "Chain Grab" like ability and/ or making Underwater pull just for commons...I have some changing/editing to do.