View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2019, 02:37 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Islandscape XIII Cluster Draft

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
So, this is starting to sound like the prisoner's dilemma:

Here your options are to either take synergistic pods, or totally independent ones. If you take independent ones, you do best if the other person brings synergy, and you can steal them.

If you and your opponent both bring synergistic armies, you both do well, but not as well as the person who steals your synergistic pods. And if you both bring independent armies, neither is as good as a synergistic army.

Great, now there's a psychological meta-game. Like I need that kind of stress in my life.

I'm a trusting soul by nature; I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with synergy, and hope my opponents are also. What will make it *really* interesting is if some of my pods have synergy with some of their pods, which is even more likely if players have independent pods.

I have created independent pods of roughly equal value, with no units having significant synergy with any potential opponents' units. I will not be responsible for the draft Initiative roll being decisive . . .

P.S.: Although I did take note of what you said about including Common Squads, so if you create two pods with the same Common Squad(s), we might end up with three pods featuring the same Common Squad(s) . . .