View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:12 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Then I played a 5 player game of Scythe with the Wind Gambit expansion. I brought my 6x4 table so we could us the larger side of the board with the extension. It was fun and I got to try out some of the new coins I got for it. I got both the $2 and $50 coins, but never got into the $50's. So with the 1's, 2's, 3's, 5's, 10's, 20's and 50's, there are plenty of cool metal coins for use with other games as well. The resin resource pieces are also great.

Glad your wife likes Splendor If my wife liked any games, I'd play them anytime she wanted, but she is total non-gamer. I like Splendor, and it doesn't take that long, so you have plenty of time for other games as well in a game night.
Hey Hahama, sorry to drag this up again but I was wondering what you think of Scythe after having for a while? I am still trying to find that next game that my wife will like. I have put Splendor on the back burner and am looking very strongly at either Five Tribes or Scythe.

Five Tribes - I have wanted this one for quite some time. It looks very interesting and fun to me. I think that maybe she would like it too.

Scythe - This one also looks very interesting to me, plus, my wife used to love Risk and was pretty good at it. So I was thinking that an area control game like Scythe might be to her liking. I know that it is technically an engine-building game but it seems to have an area control element to it also.

My worry is that either, or both of these games might be too complicated in the beginning and might turn her off before she even learns to play. I know that both games are considered middle to heavy-weight games. Thoughts?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; January 14th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.