View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:39 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Racer: The Cavalry Fix Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
The cavalry are not broken. At all. In the least. You are proposing a fix to something that works just fine, and in so applying this "fix" are venturing into the realm of breaking them.

I think this idea suffers from "Meta-Game Syndrome". The desire to take a figure and tweak it, change it and paint it up so it fits more snugly in the 500point-double blind-24startzone-kill em all-on a BoV style map. Granted both the cavalry squads have a hard time finding success in the above game setting, but that is hardly an indication that they are broken and in need of some sort of added defensive ability.
Thank you; I spoke with chas about this idea the other day and this is pretty much what I told him my position was. You put it much better, though.