View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Discussion: Why Heroscape is an Amazing and Successful G

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafizele View Post
I think I answered this already but as I got older the idea of robots and orcs fighting was truly epic in my mind. I used to (and still do quite often) create all sorts of fantasy scenario's. "Elves fight their way out of an orc ambush", "undead horde survival", "Good vs evil castle siege's".
The single greatest heroscape story I can tell is that at the beginning of the summer, I invited a bunch of friends over, and we attempted to have a small tournament (It ended in failure, but that's not the point of this post). After I had finished up my game, I turn to my friend Harry, who was fielding Romans against Glads/Blasts, and ask him how he was doing. He turned to me with a crazed look in his eye, and practically yelled, "We're 2nd Century warriors fighting robots! How do you think its going!?!?"

Sorry I got a little off topic, but I agree, its the fact that not only is a match up like that possible, but not even uncommon, that makes Heroscape such a great game. (Along with building awesome maps, of course)

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread