View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Thanks Tornado! My buddy Jeff like it and the others I painted for him. I gave him all the minis I did for Sword and Sorcery yesterday at our group's all day gaming event. Jeff assured me that he will have more work for me when he buys a boatload of Fallout Wasteland Warfare stuff from Modiphius, which is a tabletop miniatures game like Frostgrave, Infinity etc. Not to be confused with the Fallout board game that is also coming out from Fantasy Flight Games. I'm sure that will be also gotten by some in my group.

Yesterday we had a large crowd of close to 30 people at our all day gaming event, the last big hurrah before GenCon. A lot of the people in my group are going down to Indy for GenCon to either just go and have fun for a few days, or work it demoing games. Many in my group get their lodging paid for and get hourly wages from demoing games for maybe 8 hours a day for a few days. They've been doing it for years and I had a chance to do some as well, but I really don't dig really crowded places where I feel confined or walking around in tightly packed areas. So I said no. I'm sure there will be lots of new purchases and stories of adventure next Monday night.

So yesterday I only played a couple games, but both were longer games. I also did a lot of socializing.

Frostgrave was one that took a while to set up and play. I brought in my 6x3 folding table and 2 plywood table tops to make a 6x4 playing area. Had a couple boxes of terrain and stuff as well. I won't go into detail here, as I already posted a batrep in the Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command thread. Here is the post.

I also got to play Wasteland Express Delivery Service - It's a pick up and delivery game set in a post apocalyptic themed setting. This was a really cool game, as the board is made up of modular tiles that make for a lot of different setups, as well as incorporating the theme really well with Raiders that you can attack for goods or they can attack you as well. There are public objective cards as well as private ones, and you can take certain actions on certain tiles to get more secret objective cards. You can modify your vehicle, which is a Mad Max type truck thing, where everyone has a different minis for, as well as having their own player board with unique ability/setup for each player. There are also event cards that get revealed each round. It's really cool and the inserts for it are some of the best I've seen for any game. Very well organized once you get the tokens punched and whatnot and placed in the inserts.

The friend that brought Wasteland Express Delivery Service, also brought The 7th Continent he kickstarted over a year and a half ago and just got it on Friday. I only got to look at a little bit of it, but man does that look like an awesome game. I believe some of the group got to start playing it while I was playing Frostgrave. From what I understand, The 7th Continent will never be available at retail, but they plan to have another kickstarter for it, though I don't think it should take nearly as long to deliver since it's already been produced and just need to have it printed again.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon