View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
[F Sans] Does anyone Does anyone have any news on this?[/FONT]
Sure, I've got some

Currently on Alpha 1.3. I've managed to play with my friends a few times and it has seen a lot of changes over the last year or so (how long has it been?) I know I made a lot of promises that I clearly didn't keep. It was just that the actual physical work required to produce something that players like you could print out and play from was a much more overwhelming task than I've ever had the time for. Whenever I have played it has been with hand written work. I do actually feel bad and I hope everyone can accept my apologies.

Not even sure what the game looked like last time we spoke, but here's what it looks like now:
Spoiler Alert!

This isn't a promise that I'm back, but I will do my best to keep in touch.
Sounds like it's coming along really well but... I hope I'm not talking out of turn or anything but you said in the beginning of this project you said this game would not be HoS but it would still have it's connections. It would still be similar. This game is looking very fun and I appreciate all the work you're putting into it but it's sounding less like HoS and more like a new game game where the only connections are the figures and board pieces being used. Again I hope I don't offend you as no offense was intended I am simply speaking my mind and thank you for all your hard work.
You are quite right. I think I said it best with... "The point of the old Heroes of 'Scape project was to stay as close to Heroscape Board Game as possible and make it 100% compatible. I was limited by the Heroscape lore and the Heroscape figures we all have available to us when I was forming classes and races. The point of the new project that I'm working on is to make the game that I've always wanted to make, in all of its glory, with no restrictions."
Unfortunately, I at that point also said that my new game should remain compatible with Heroscape mechanically. Well... It's not. The only thing it shares anymore is hex grid movement system :/ I guess as more people encouraged me on the game and further encouraged me to actually develope this game, maybe to one day have it published, I started to break my ties with Heroscape (gotta avoid copyrights and all that, lol.) I think the last time we communicated I was still trying to keep it compatible and didn't realize I made the switch during my absence.

I guess in light of this I probably shouldn't be posting on this thread (or this forum for that matter.)
Well even if you are making it a little further from heroscape than expected at least we know that you are still active on the site and working on the game.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6