View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Really weird take around here, I know, but: If someone doesn't like what's being offered in the campaign, they probably shouldn't back it? I think it's OK to not buy stuff you don't want.
The problem is we've been told this is our only chance to bring back HeroScape, so you kind of have to buy it even if you don't like these particular figures, just so you have a chance of getting something you like more later.
I would hope that what's been presented as part of Age of Annihilation is representative of the kind and quality of product we'd get further down the line, so I'm not sure the bolded part of the above argument holds water? Yeah, they may produce units that conform to your taste later on (Avalon Hill has confirmed they watch the boards for feedback, and the War Council come directly from this community), but also they may not? They're clearly excited about the direction of this set. So if you, like me, really like what's on offer now, and you can back it, then back it. And if you really don't like what's on offer now, but hope that Avalon Hill will take your preferences into account at a later date, then I hope that roll of the dice is worth the money to you. Maybe it is, everybody's situation is different.

But no, you don't have to back it. There are lots of reasons to back it (getting new terrain out into the world for new 'Scapers to experience as old '04 terrain breaks down is a good one, IMO) but at the end of the day you can just... not?

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; October 5th, 2022 at 11:00 AM. Reason: the idea that you're a bad person for not throwing down $250 for something you don't like is... interesting.