View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:44 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

In HexScape, I have 3 camera mode.

1) The "Rotate Around" camera, which is always facing the same point, and can rotate around it. Mouse to rotate, scroll wheel to zoom in or out. It should be the main used camera in HexScape

2) The "Fly By" camera, where you can move the camera freely. up and down arrows make the camera move forward or backward, left and right arrows are for strafing, + and - make the camera go higher or lower, and the mouse change the direction of the camera (like in FPS games, but in 3 dimensions, like you're driving a small plane). This allow to place the camera exactly where you want, to capture an epic scene or see clearly under overhangs or something like that.

3) The "look through the eyes of" that fixes the camera to a point, and only allow to rotate the view. This view is to check lines of sight.

I think those 3 modes should cover all use cases. But I'm open to suggestion on how to improve them, or situation where they are not usable enough. Whatever the mode, you can always switch back to the first mode to see the map, even if you "lost" it while using the 2nd mode.