View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2019, 08:52 PM

Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
How about "Driven" or "Focused" instead of Tenacity?

And I like "Reinforcing Charge", to me it makes thematic sense. Get a movement bonus for helping out a teammate in need.
Those sound good. Could be added to Warrior as well. Driven Warriors... Focused Warriors... I like it. Now it just depends on whether everyone else likes it too.

"Reinforcing Charge" falls under the same issues as my original name for the power, which was "Charge into Battle". I imagine the same people will find fault with "Reinforcing Charge" as well. The issue they had was that the name implies you are going towards your allies, and helping them, but the ability just adds 2 move, and doesn't actually require you to "reinforce" or "charge into battle" at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I still find the name Tactical Charge to be a little weak thematically. Sure, it's a power that offers choices, but so does their regular, unenhanced movement. By the given definition, the word "tactical" or "strategic" could be meaningfully attached to any power that could be used to either advance or retreat, which covers almost every movement-based power in the game. It also doesn't really explain why the power triggers when it does. Why does seeing an engaged ally make the dwarves more tactical?

It might help to have the power name focus on what is causing the dwarves to move faster, rather than what the implications of them being able to are. How about something like Inspired Charge?

Outside of naming, I have some small quibbles with Dalmar. I think some of the conditions of his protection power could be trimmed to make it an easier read, particularly if you're re-theming the power to make it strictly about harrying an enemy to protect his allies. I also think that the Charge ability is much less interesting on a bonding Unique Hero than a Squad. My personal preference would be to cut it from Dalmar and to just bring his move up to 5, in line with the other dwarf heroes. I haven't played him though, so I could be wrong in thinking that it adds little.
I think you might be right about the naming of Strategic/Tactical Charge. Inspired Charge could work. It doesn't imply engaging the enemy, which is good.

The conditions are [be engaged with Dalmar]. The effect is [roll one less attack die when attacking normally] and this applies to [small and medium common figures who are friendly to Dalmar]. Obviously being engaged with Dalmar isn't something that can be trimmed. The effect can't really be trimmed. So that leaves [small and medium common figures who are friendly to Dalmar. Should I remove the size restriction, the friendly restriction, or the common restriction?

I think that the charge ability is actually more thematic for Dalmar, than the squad. This is because Dalmar's role is to protect his allies/inhibit the enemy, so seeing an ally that is fighting, will show him a situation where he can use his ability.

The Charge is still interesting on the squad though, because there are situations where you are moving the squad alone, and one of them engages, and that activates the power on the other 3, allowing them to slingshot forward, or wherever you need them to go, once the first dwarf is able to engage.