View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2020, 07:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Human Torch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
The way it's worded, I suppose you could use it with Martian Manhunter. It says "Once per turn" but it doesn't specify that it has to be Human Torch's turn.
Yeah, that was my thinking. Thanks for the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
He also wouldn't take leaving engagement attacks while using it with Telepathic Directive.
Exactly, you could do so serious damage with Flame on 4 combined with Telepathic Directive. I might just have to try that one out next chance I get (add in Meteorite to protect Human Torch and use Manipulate when moved by Telepathic Directive, and you've got one mean combo).
Interesting strategy from The Book of Human Torch.

I've yet to make it around to playing the FF myself, so this might be really obvious to those with actual experience, but landing and beginning to Fly again means Torch can use Flame On once per turn between 0-5 Moves, just not after using his 6th Move.

So you can keep Torch within a zone that allows him to move in on an enemy figure, Flame On, and back away to attack from range, and/or pick a different target, and/or gain better height, leaving the opponent still tied up with Reed and/or Thing and unable to attack Torch.
Playing to prevent wounds from landing on Torch any way other than from Flame On, he might outlast the rest of the team, giving Torch the opportunity to kite around until the time arrives where it makes sense to finish the opponent off with Supernova.
Flame on doesn't Wound his team/allies, but Supernova could.

As far as I know, the intent has always been he must start his move engaged to use Flame On. Flying next to someone 2 spaces away, landing, then flying 3 spaces away doesn't count as starting your move within the game rules. You only start the move at the start of the move, not part way during the move.