View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2014, 11:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

I'm happy to say that Taeblewalker has been able to return after our "last" Scape game together before he moved away. He is now about a 2 1/2 hour drive upstate. You can usually keep up with what we're doing Scapewise monthly on Kolakoski's blog, which often reports on our adventures together with pictures!

On his last visit three of us plus my pal 'Tag' played board games: Samurai Battles and Firefly the Game. I have a separate threads for SB onsite under Other Board Games, and discuss the new FF a lot on What Board Games Are You Playing?

This Friday Jan. 10 we're experimenting with combining Supers with Classic/VC Scaping, in a scenario made up by Sherman Davies on his Amon Hen map. We'll be using six of SD's Marvel Supers Customs (see his own threads for Marvel and DC under Customs Comic Creations in the Marvelscape section). SD and I participated recently in Griznakh's supers game out on Long Island, using his great buildings, as we playtested the first 40 of his own Supers (see his separate super customs thread, custom terrain thread with amazing photos, and other of his works onsite, as well as his Long Island Scaping Group Events thread and annual tournament thread).

I'd like to get to the point where we can use Supers from anywhere when we build our armies, so I can get more out from my huge files (see The Chas Supers Master Lists under Marvelscape/Custom Supers Creations). For example, I did a solo game using the C3G Mr. Terrific, and its a fun card to use, but haven't been able to get it into a group game yet!

SD and I played two games recently where civilians were involved to be killed/rescued as alternate victory conditions. I'd worked on this in solo games myself. This next game will include this concept again.

We're all pretty active onsite; for example so don't miss Taeblewalker's article in the revived issue of our Heroscape Codex magazine; I think the issue is over 50 pages long!

And if you Scape or board game in NYC or will be passing through, let us know, we've had 'guest stars' both from the area and visitors in past games, and everyone is welcome to drop on by. Our only 'rule' if you join an 'official monthly' game is that you have to be willing to try out whatever the current GM turn taker puts on the table! We'll be happy to adjust to a different number of players for you.

Last edited by chas; June 27th, 2015 at 11:13 AM.