View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:57 PM

CasualScaper has disabled reputation
Re: Tell Walmart you want 'Scape!

Here's my thought on FLGSs, and I'm interested in your feedback.

I don't really shop at them. There's a pretty good one near my house, but it doesn't carry Heroscape. Most often, FLGSs are small and out of the way. They really seem to appeal to the diehard gamer. That's great and fine.

However . . .

At this point, I don't see how 'Scape would continue to have as large a sales volume or as many new 'Scapers coming along if it's only carried at FLGSs. I mean, most of the younger kids (and adults for that matter-myself included) got involved with 'Scape when we saw it on one of the box retailers' shelves and picked it up for our kids or ourselves.

Furthermore, if WotC distributes exclusively to FLGSs, I doubt their sales will be as high as with box stores. This means they're much more likely to see it as a lost cause and sooner or later drop it.

Keep it in the box stores and keep 'Scape by continually gaining new 'Scapers and providing ease of access to the product for most of the rest of us.

Any thoughts?

"I think I'd rather be a cowboy. I think I'd rather ride the range."--John Denver